There is no standing water on the fields and the grass is firm. It’s not supposed to rain until 1230. Games are on for flag football. See you at the field!READ MORE
Volleyball – 100% will happen tomorrow. Same times as usual
Flag Football – I am at the fields right now and they are perfectly fine. There is no standing water on the game fields at all and the grass is nice and strong. The plan is to still have games tomorrow at the same times. If you have cleats for your child, please bring them tomorrow. You might also want to have your child wear a hoodie or long sleeve shirt under his or her jersey. II will continue to monitor the weather throughout the night and morning. If there is a change in plans, I will let you know before 8am.
Soccer – Sherri has informed me that all soccer games for tomorrow have been canceled.READ MORE
Parents and coaches,
Here is the plan for games tomorrow:
- Volleyball – Games are 100% going to happen tomorrow
- Soccer – Games are on for now. We will let you know otherwise.
- Flag Football – Fields are just fine. I will check fields in the morning around 7:45 and make a final decision then.
If we cancel any games, we will post tot he website, facebook, twitter and send an email.
Good News and Bad News
All photos are up and online! The photographer was on vacation for three weeks for the holidays and turned off all communication. We weren’t aware that this was going to happen so we apologize for the delay, but you can go and download them now. For those of you who have not received your printed photos yet, the photographer promised she would be delivering them to you asap. Expect her to hand deliver them to your door if you don’t receive the prints in the mail.
Here is the link to download your child’s photos: http://4reasonsphotography.pixieset.com/mesayouthsports/
If you are prompted for a password, please use: MesaYouthSports
Winter Season is the last nice-weather season before the heat hits us. This is the last week to register for Volleyball, Flag Football and Soccer if you haven’t already done so.
Tremendous Volleyball Opportunity
It’s not very often that our children can get very detailed training from experienced coaches and trainers without emptying our wallets. With our volleyball league, registered children will be taught by the father and daughter team of Rob and Siera Gibson. They have many years of volleyball experience and we saw great improvement in all players during our trial volleyball camp that they ran last Fall.
For those of you on the fence about doing any sports in Winter Season, we would highly recommend looking into our volleyball league. I really think this is a great opportunity that may not be available much longer. Personal/private volleyball instruction will run $50 an hour elsewhere. With us, you’re getting 8 weeks of training and games for $50. Don’t miss out!
Thanks again for all your support.
Mesa Youth Sports
This is an urgent reminder that the parent meeting has been postponed till next week. We will have time and date later today.
If you have any questions, please contact us asap.
Mesa Youth Sports
Thanks for signing up with Mesa Youth Sports! We’re excited for this winter season and hope your kids will have fun.
Here are some urgent and important updates for winter season.
1. Our parents’ meeting was scheduled for next week at American Leadership Academy, but there is a scheduling conflict with another event the school has going that night at the same time.
WE ARE POSTPONING THE PARENTS’ MEETING TILL THE WEEK OF THE 17TH (most-likely will happen on January 15th at 7pm if ALA approves). We will let you know asap.
We are working with ALA to find out a time and date for the meeting. Sorry for the inconvenience. You can view the updated schedule on the mesa youth sports home page (http://www.mesayouthsports.com).
2. By postponing the parents’ meeting, we will also postpone the first day of practice to January 17th and also extend registration and payments to go till January 10th. If you have family or friends interested in playing, please let them know that they have another week to register and get on a team.
3. We will begin formulating teams this weekend and will post them Monday afternoon. They will continue to be updated as last-minute registrations come in. Your coaches will be contacting you next week and you should be able to start practices as soon as your team desires (you don’t have to wait till the official practice date).
If you have any questions whatsoever, please call 480.352.9586.
Mesa Youth Sports